Order in the interest of public health and safety, and with a view to contain and prevent the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Publish Date : 22/03/2020
In pursuance of the Order No.: CSO/GAB-I/COM/GEN-1/2020 Dated 22nd March, 2020 issued by the Office of the Chief Secretary, Govt of Nagaland and in the interest of public health and safety, and with a view to contain and prevent the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19), the Government of Nagaland in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 2, 3 and 4 of the Epidemic Act 1897 orders the following to be applicable throughout the Kiphire district from the midnight of 22nd March, 2020. That,
- All commercial passenger vehicles, both public and private, like buses, taxis, autos, two-wheeler taxis etc. shall not ply till further orders. Vehicles carrying interstate transit passengers will be allowed till the midnight of 23rd March 2020.
- Movement of all public is restricted except those coming out of their homes for procurement and distribution of essential commodities, availing essential services, medical facilities and other basic needs.
- All interstate entry points shall be sealed except for the movement of essential commodities, security forces, medical equipment and supplies, and goods vehicles transiting the State till further orders. However, the drivers and attendants of the vehicles transiting the State shall be subject to medical screening as per laid down protocol.
- All Government Offices, both Central and State, except Administration, Police, Security Forces, Fire & Emergency Services, Home Department, Medical, Postal Services, NIC, NSDMA, Power, PHED, Food & Civil Supplies, Finance, Treasury and Accounts, Banks / ATMs, AIR, Door darshan shall remain closed till further orders. However, the Administrative Heads of Department / Heads of Departments / Head of Offices shall form a core group of officers / staff to attend to urgent and essential matters. All other Government employees should be available on call.
- All are advised to stay indoors as far as possible and avoid visiting public places.
Any person / group of persons acting in violation of this Order shall be deemed to have committed an offence punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.